Last Updated: October 4, 2019
At Hapi, we strive to create a safe place for people to be heard. We design and build products with your trust in mind. Through our mobile app, you can express your emotions and thoughts to a listener in an anonymous and secure manner. As we continue to evolve our service, we collect some information along the way to make it better. Please spend a few minutes to read about the information we collect and how we use it.
We protect your information.
We do not sell your data or make money by selling ads.
Hapi is a safe place to talk. Hapi does not disclose your identity or any information about you, except your nickname and your initial message, to listeners. Listeners agree not to ask you to disclose your real name, address, email, or social media handles and to keep what you talk about confidential at all times.
All your data is securely encrypted.
Any information we collect is used to improve your experience.
We learn from information you choose to give us. When you create an account, we collect your name or nickname, email, phone number, demographic information, payment or banking information. We may collect information that you submit when you contact Hapi customer support, provide feedback, ratings, notes to other users, or otherwise contact Hapi.
We gather information when you use our service. We enable users to call and message each other without disclosing their telephone numbers or who they are. In order to provide this service, Hapi receives information regarding the voice calls or messages, including date and time of the voice call/message, as well as content of the communications, including audio content. Hapi uses this information to improve our products and services. Your audio content is anonymized and can not be associated to you.
You are in control of your own information.
You are in control of your own information. We only share what you ask us to. When you want to initiate a call, we will share your nickname and your initial message to our Listeners. We only share information with business partners in order to provide our service (such as your payment information with Stripe) or when it’s required by law
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us Directly
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of our Services, fill out a form, make a purchase, request customer support, create an account, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information we collect directly from you include your name, email, phone number, demographic information and payment information.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including your browser type, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, and perform analytics. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Content Information: Hapi enables users to call and message each other without disclosing their telephone numbers or who they are. In order to provide this service, Hapi receives information regarding the voice calls or messages, including date and time of the voice call/message, as well as content of the communications, including audio content. Hapi uses this information to improve our products and services. The audio content is anonymized and can not be associated to any user.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect for business and commercial purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, such as to administer your account, deliver the Services you request and customize your experience with us;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered by Hapi and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze your engagement with our brand and your usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Conduct internal research and development;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, or illegal activity, including fraudulent transactions, error, negligence, and breach of contract, and to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Hapi and our users, customers, employees or the public;
- Debug, identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our Services; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- As reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law or legal process (including an enforceable request from authorities), to respond to claims (including inquiries by users in connection with your use of the Services), or to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Hapi, our users, employees or the public;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- With our legal, financial, insurance and other advisors in connection with the kinds of corporate transactions described above or in connection with the management of all or part of Hapi’s business or operations;
- Between and among Hapi and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction. For example, if you decide to participate in certain interactive areas or features of our Services, such as creating a profile, you consent to the disclosure of this information to other users of our Services.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Hapi is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account or emailing us at [email protected] If you wish to delete your account, please email us at [email protected], but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Hapi by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.